Kelantan is expected to receive 18,000 single-dose CanSino vaccine in stages beginning Sept 23, said Science, Technology and Innovation Minister Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba.
He said the vaccine would be sent to Gua Musang and Kuala Krai to enable those living in the interior areas to be vaccinated against Covid-19.
He said the single-dose vaccine would not only be given to the Orang Asli but also villagers staying in these areas.
"There are 7,000 Orang Asli's in Kelantan who are expected to receive the single-dose vaccine while the rest will be given to others," he told a Press conference after visiting a vaccination centre (PPV) in Tunjong here today.
More than 50 Covid-19 vaccination centres (PPVs) in Kelantan have been directed to allow walk-in vaccinations
These PPVs are mostly in the Kota Baru district, and they allow locals to walk-in in an effort to expedite the state-level Covid-19 National Immunisation Programme (NIP).
Apart from schools and community halls, these walk-in PPVs are also set up at health clinics, mosques and district councils.
State Local Government, Health and Housing Committee chairman Dr Izani Husin said these PPVs had begun allowing walk-ins since Sunday.
The second day of the walk-in vaccination in Kelantan saw more people flock to Covid-19 vaccination centres (PPV) to get their jabs.
The visitors, ranging from young adults to the elderly, mostly comprised those who have yet to get their appointment dates on MySejahtera.
One of them was housewife Fauziah Kamaruddin, 52, of Pengkalan Chepa, who was accompanied by her 32-year-old daughter Fazlily Kamaruzaman.
Fazlily said they arrived at the PPV at the As-Salam mosque here about 9.30am.
Kelantan recorded more than 5,000 people who walked in to get their Covid-19 vaccine jabs at 21 vaccination centres (PPV) throughout the state.
State health director Datuk Dr Zaini Hussin said the figure was recorded on the first day of the walk-in approach which started yesterday, adding that the department estimated more than 10,000 people to get vaccinated under this initiative.
"In our meeting on Saturday, the department decided to allow the public to get their vaccine jabs via walk-in, which will involve some 10,740 people based on the MySejahtera registrations.
"The number of people who turned up yesterday had been overwhelming with more than half of the estimated target having visited the 21 PPVs," he told reporters after attending the state-level National Security Council (NSC) meeting, here, today.
Kelantan government is anticipating that the state’s daily tally of Covid-19 cases will show a decline in the next two weeks, said state Local Government, Housing and Health Committee chairman Dr Izani Husin.
He said the Kelantan State Health Department (JKNK) had expected an increase in the cases after the Aidiladha celebration.
“Today, 10 days after the Aidiladha celebration, we see the cases drop slightly. We are expecting the cases to further decline in the next two weeks.
There has been an increase in the number of patients admitted to Covid-19 Quarantine and Low-Risk Treatment Centres (PKRCs) in Kelantan after the Aidiladha celebration, said State PKRC director Dr Mohd Zurairie Mohd Zubir.
He said this has resulted in 11 PKRCs reaching the capacity utilisation rate of between 80 and 98 per cent.
“Overall, there are 2,300 beds at all PKRCs in the state and the bed utilisation rate for some centres, namely at Pusat Tarbiah Islam Kelantan (PUTIK) in Pengkalan Chepa and Jubli Perak, Kota Baru, has reached 98 per cent.
“Therefore, we will reopen the PKRC at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (SMK) Salor. We are also in the midst of identifying a location outside the Kota Baru district for the setting up of a new PKRC,” he said.
The National Security Council today announced an enhanced movement control order (EMCO) for 28 places nationwide starting from July 28 to August 9.
Kelantan has the most at 14, all of which are in Pasir Putih.
This is followed by Sabah with eight places, and Perak (four), while Terengganu and Kedah have one each.
Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said six of the affected Pasir Putih areas are in mukim Bukit Jawa: Pekan Selising, Kg Selising, Kg Tok Dir, Kg Pak Omar, Kg Bukit Bidang and Kg Bukit Merbau.
Kelantan has detected its first case of the Covid-19 Delta variant, involving a woman in Pasir Puteh who was confirmed positive on Friday (July 23).
State Local Government, Housing and Health Committee chairman Dr Izani Husin said the woman had also been infected with Covid-19 before.
He said the case has been classified as a sporadic case.
"Therefore, I expect that this Delta variant infection is already present in the community and this is very worrying," he told a press conference at his office at the Kota Darul Naim Complex here Sunday (July 25).
The Kelantan Health Department will stop dispensing the Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine and replace it with the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at all vaccination centres in the state by the end of July.
State Health director Datuk Dr Zaini Hussin said supplies of the Sinovac vaccine would be halted at the end of July.
"From Sunday (July 18), all vaccination centres in Kelantan will only be supplied with enough Sinovac vaccines for second doses," he was reported as saying by Harian Metro on Thursday (July 15).
Those living in flood-prone areas in Kelantan started to receive their Covid-19 vaccine doses today.
The first batch of 200 villagers received their first vaccine doses during an outreach programme held at Masjid Beijing, here.
The programme was jointly organised between the state health department, the Civil Defence Force (APM) and other relevant authorities.
Pasir Mas APM officer Captain Mohd Arif Mohd Zain said the 200 villagers were among flood victims in Rantau Panjang and Pasir Mas areas who were identified to be vaccinated.
Almost half of the compounds issued by the Kelantan police for flouting the movement control order’s (MCO) standard operating procedures (SOP) involved interstate and interdistrict crossings without permits.
Kelantan deputy police chief, SAC Abdullah Muhammad Piah said 496 compounds were issued to individuals and premises found to have flouted the SOP since June 1 until yesterday.
“The most number issued involved interstate and district crossings without letters of consent at 204 compounds,” he said.
Kelantan recorded 81 new Covid-19 infections today, after more than two months.
State health director Datuk Dr Zaini Hussin said the last time the state had two digit Covid-19 cases was on April 12.
"On April 12, Kelantan recorded 58 new Covid-19 cases and today, we hit 81. We hope the figure will drop in the coming days," he added.
Meanwhile, Kelantan Menteri Besar Datuk Ahmad Yakob in his Facebook posting today expressed his disappointment over the latest figure.