Non-Muslim houses of worship located in areas placed under the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) in Seremban district including Nilai, are allowed to operate provided the standard operating procedures (SOP) are adhered to.
Negeri Sembilan Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun in emphasising the matter said there was some confusion over non-Muslim houses of worship not being allowed to operate following the CMCO enforcement.
A two-week long Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) will be imposed throughout the Seremban district in Negri Sembilan beginning Nov 5.
Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the move was made following advice from the Health Ministry (MoH), which was discussed by the National Security Council in a special meeting.
The Negri Sembilan Education Department premises in Seremban will be closed until November 12 due to Covid-19 cases involving some of its officers and personnel.
The Ministry of Education (MoE), in a statement today, said the premises closed included the learning sector and student affairs unit at Sekolah Kebangsaan Rahang in Seremban.
Nine non-Muslim houses of worship including temples and churches located in areas which have been placed under Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) in Nilai, have been closed since last Wednesday.
State Human Resources, Plantation and Non-Muslim Affairs Committee chairman J. Arul Kumar said three temples are in Desa Jasmin, Desa Cempaka and Desa Melati while six churches are operating in shophouses around Bandar Baru Nilai.
All mosques and surau located in Nilai, which will be placed under the conditional movement control order (CMCO) for two weeks beginning tomorrow (October 28), are still allowed to hold five congregational obligatory prayers, but limited to three officials, namely, imam, bilal and siak.
Negri Sembilan Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun said that Friday prayers are also allowed to be held, with a maximum of 40 people.
A total of 177 educational institutions under the Ministry of Education Malaysia (MOE) in Seremban have been ordered to close for 16 days starting today, following the district’s classification as a Covid-19 red zone.
The MOE in a statement informed that the closure until Nov 9 included primary schools, secondary schools, Teacher Education Institutions (IPG) and private schools as well as educational institutions with hostels.
Negeri Sembilan Health, Environment, Cooperatives and Consumerism Committee chairman S. Veerapan has denied the viral report that claimed Seremban was declared as Covid-19 red zone.
He said the news report was published on March 30 but was made viral again on social media by irresponsible people.
“It was fake, inaccurate and would cause worries and panic among the public, thus affecting the local economy,” he told Bernama when contacted here, today.
The Rembau District Islamic Religious Office was ordered to close for nine days from today after a customer who was at the premises tested positive for Covid-19.
Negri Sembilan Islamic Religious Affairs Department director Mohd Zaidi Ramli, who confirmed the matter said the customer had some dealings with the office on October 1.
The administrative committee of the Dato’ Klana Petra Lela Mohd Yusof Mosque in Sikamat here has denied the allegation that an individual confirmed positive for Covid-19 was present to perform Friday prayers at the mosque yesterday.
According to its acting chairman Najib Nubhan Khairuddin, based on checks conducted by the Health Ministry (MOH), the man was found performing Friday prayers at the mosque last week and not yesterday.
Negri Sembilan Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun has denied rumours that he had been admitted to hospital for being Covid-19 positive.
He said the viralled news actually involved a state assemblyman in Melaka.
“Many people just read the topic and forwarded it to me. I hope we will be wise and don’t just read the title.
Twenty-four new Tamhidi (Foundation) students of Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (Usim) for the 2020/2021 session, all of whom are from Sarawak and Kedah, are being placed under a two-week quarantine at the university’s residential colleges here following the latest development of Covid-19 in the two states.
Usim Student Housing Centre director Mohd Salehudin Syukor said of the total, five were from Kuching, Sarawak, and the rest were from Kubang Pasu, Kedah.