Malaysia Covid-19 Latest News

N. Sembilan MB Aminuddin denies being Covid-19 positive

N.Sembilan

Negri Sembilan Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun has denied rumours that he had been admitted to hospital for being Covid-19 positive. He said the viralled news actually involved a state assemblyman in Melaka. “Many people just read the topic and forwarded it to me. I hope we will be wise and don’t just read the title.

24 new Usim students from Sarawak, Kedah placed under Covid-19 quarantine, says housing director

N.Sembilan

Twenty-four new Tamhidi (Foundation) students of Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (Usim) for the 2020/2021 session, all of whom are from Sarawak and Kedah, are being placed under a two-week quarantine at the university’s residential colleges here following the latest development of Covid-19 in the two states. Usim Student Housing Centre director Mohd Salehudin Syukor said of the total, five were from Kuching, Sarawak, and the rest were from Kubang Pasu, Kedah.

Port Dickson welcomes holidaymakers again

N.Sembilan

The popular seaside destination here has reopened to the public with many holidaymakers adhering to standard operating procedures under the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO). A survey by the New Straits Times revealed many had chosen Port Dickson as a weekend getaway spot. Trader, Diana Abd Manan, 37, said she recently resumed her business selling swimming trunks and floats after it was closed since the Movement Control Order was imposed on March 18.

Friday prayers trial run a success, says Negri MB

N.Sembilan

A trial run to reopen eight mosques in the state for Friday prayers with congregations depending on the size of the mosques has been a success, says Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun (pic). The Mentri Besar hoped it would pave the way for the reopening of more mosques and surau for Friday prayers in Negri Sembilan with a bigger number of worshippers.“This (the success) will now allow us to reopen more mosques for Friday prayers which had been restricted to 12 people, ” he said in a Facebook post.

Selected Negri mosques can hold Friday prayers from May 15

N.Sembilan

The Negri Sembilan Islamic Affairs Council will allow Friday prayers to be held in certain mosques and surau from Friday (May 15) onwards. However, the number of people allowed will be limited to between four and 12, and they must only be committee members and officials of the mosque or surau. Council chairman Datuk Mohamed Husein said the same rule would apply for Hari Raya Aidilfitri prayers. "We have received the consent of the Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negri Sembilan, Tuanku Muhriz Tuanku Munawir, the four Undang and the Tunku Besar of Tampin for this.

Covid-19: NS Welfare Dept office closes for disinfection

N.Sembilan

The office of the Negri Sembilan Social Welfare Department (JKM) in Seremban will be closed for two days starting today for disinfection works. State Women, Family and Welfare Committee chairman Nicole Tan Lee Koon, in a statement here today, said this has to be carried out after an employee was tested positive for Covid-19. “The department’s office will reopen on Wednesday. Thank you for those who are asking but I’m not affected as I am not in close contact with the employee.

Negri govt decides to adopt conditional MCO fully with immediate effect

N.Sembilan

The Negri Sembilan government has decided to adhere to the Federal Government's conditional movement control order (MCO) in total, says Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun. He added that the decision takes effect immediately.

PD wet markets close temporarily to screen traders, sanitise premises

N.Sembilan

The Lukut and Teluk Kemang wet markets here will be closed for two days to allow authorities to screen traders for Covid-19 and sanitise the respective premises. The Lukut market will be closed on Friday (May 8) and Saturday (May 9) while the one in Teluk Kemang will be closed for the weekend. The Port Dickson Municipal Council had ordered the closure of the Port Dickson market for two days from Thursday (May 7).

N. Sembilan business premises owners not taking CMCO conditions lightly

N.Sembilan

Although the Movement Control Order (MCO) has been eased to make way for the Conditional MCO (CMCO) beginning yesterday, this is no excuse for business premises owners to disregard measures in preventing the spread of Covid-19 infection.

N.Sembilan govt taking proactive action in face of Covid-19, says Tuanku Muhriz

N.Sembilan

The Negeri Sembilan government has taken proactive action by allocating RM18.74 million into the state disaster relief account to fund various programmes of assistance to the people and frontliners in the face of the current Covid-19 pandemic.

Dine-ins not allowed in Negri Sembilan during CMCO, says MB

N.Sembilan

Customers are still not allowed to dine-in at restaurants, eateries and licensed food premises in Negri Sembilan during the fourth phase of the movement control order (MCO), which runs from April 29 to May 12. Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun said only takeaways, deliveries and drive-thrus are allowed and this condition also applies to all food truck operators.

Covid-19: Seremban wet market closed indefinitely after 2 traders test positive

N.Sembilan

The Seremban wet market has been closed indefinitely for cleaning and sanitising after it was learnt that two traders here tested positive for Covid-19. Some traders at the market have been asked to undergo testing on Thursday (May 7) as they are believed to have come into contact with wholesalers from the Selayang wholesale market.