Two Orang Asli villages in Pahang will be placed under the 14-day Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) from midnight today (Sept 20) to curb the spread of Covid-19.
National Security Council (NSC) director-general Datuk Rodzi Md Saad said the EMCO would end on Oct 3.
"The two villages are Kampung Orang Asli Sungai Koi, Hulu Cheka in Jerantut and Kampung Orang Asli Ulu Pareh in Bentong," he said in a statement today.
Rodzi said the EMCO at Taman Pantai Lok Kawi in Papar, Sabah which was to end tomorrow (Sept 20), would be extended until Oct 4.
Pahang is expected to move into Phase 3 of the National Recovery Plan (NRP) very soon after meeting all the threshold indicators set, says Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Wan Rosdy Wan Ismail (pic).
He said these include the percentage of those fully vaccinated, intensive care unit bed usage, and the state’s low Covid-19 infection numbers.
"Data shows that 40 per cent of the state's 480,000 adult population have completed two doses of vaccine, which is one of the indicators set for phase three,” he told reporters after the launch of the 2021 Fly the Jalur Gemilang campaign at the Kuantan City Council (MBK) here on Monday (Aug 23).
Pahang has the highest Covid-19 infectivity rate or R-naught (Rt) in the country as of July 5.
Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the state recorded an Rt of 1.24, as opposed to the country's national Rt which now stood at 1.07.
Other states with an Rt of more than 1.0 are Putrajaya (1.17), Kuala Lumpur (1.10), Selangor (1.09), Melaka (1.08), Kedah (1.06), Penang (1.05) and Sabah (1.04).
Perlis is the only state that has recorded an Rt of 0.
The initiative undertaken by local community leaders and volunteers has seen an increase of almost 100,000 in registration for vaccination under the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme this week in Pahang.
State Secretary Datuk Seri Sallehuddin Ishak said all parties have been cooperating by going to the ground for the immunisation campaign programme, including assisting residents register manually for vaccination.
“Many of the interior areas have no phone coverage, hence the residents are unable to register for vaccination through the MySejahtera application.
A new Covid-19 cluster in Rompin triggered from balik kampung visits during Aidilfitri last month has resulted in 20 confirmed cases.
Pahang Health Department Director Datuk Dr Bahari Che Awang Ngah said the Ladang Bukit Ibam cluster was first reported at a plantation on June 5 in Keratong, Rompin.
"Its index case was a local who travelled inter-district into a red zone between May 12 and 14 to celebrate Hari Raya. The individual started developing symptoms including flu, cough and headaches on May 20 but continued working despite displaying the symptoms.
The Kuantan district police headquarters will not compromise if any of its own personnel are found to violate the Covid-19 standard operating procedures (SOP), says Asst Comm Mohamad Noor Yusof Ali.
The Kuantan OCPD said this in response to a post on Facebook allegedly showing non-compliance by police personnel.
A woman had posted a picture of three uniformed police personnel members allegedly taken at a police station after she herself was fined RM5,000 for not practising physical distancing.
One of the police personnel was shown to have her face mask down while two others were sitting close together in the picture.
The hilltop casino operations in Genting Highlands will temporarily close beginning midnight.
Pahang police chief Datuk Seri Abdul Jalil Hassan said this was in compliance with the tighter Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) under Movement Control Order (MCO 3.0) which begins tomorrow.
He also said the operators would not be compounded.
"The operators will not be issued any compound as they were previously granted permission to operate and the tighter restrictions on social movement and economic sectors will only begin tomorrow (Tuesday).
SM Sains Tengku Abdullah (Semesta) staff members, students and relatives have been urged to come forward immediately to be tested for Covid-19.
The State Disaster Management Committee, in a statement, said an outbreak has been detected from the secondary school requiring all those linked with the premises to be screened.
"The committee has identified Semesta in Raub as a source of infection. So all the teachers, supporting staff members, students and their family members need to undergo swab test as soon as possible.
"Those involved are urged to contact the nearest health office to set an appointment and observe self-quarantine at home until they undergo the test. Your cooperation is highly appreciated for the safety of the people in Pahang."
The Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) in 23 localities in Pahang will be extended to curb rampant Covid-19 transmissions there.
The EMCO in these areas, which was slated to end tomorrow (May 21), have now been extended to June 4.
A contractor in Chini, Pekan, has been compounded RM4,000 for allowing Hari Raya visits to his house.
Pekan OCPD Supt Mohd Razli Mohd Yusof said they contacted the 45-year-old man on Friday (May 14), after a video went viral showing several people eating and chatting in a house.
"Acting on the information, we asked the homeowner to come forward to the Pekan police headquarters for investigation. The subject admitted to the offence and a fine was issued," he said.
Supt Mohd Razli said only the homeowner was fined for flouting Covid-19 standard operating procedures (SOP), while others were advised to abide by the SOP in future.
The Bagan Ajam Public Market in Jalan Terbilang has been closed for three days beginning noon today following the detection of some Covid-19 positive cases, according to Seberang Perai City Council Mayor Datuk Rozali Mohamud.
He said the closure was to allow the premises to be sanitised before reopening on Sunday (May 16).
The Sungai Batu mine workers' quarters in Raub, Pahang will be placed under enhanced movement control order (EMCO) from May 14-27 after a spike of Covid-19 cases in the area, says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The Senior Minister (Security) said the Health Ministry had detected Covid-19 cases among workers of Indian nationality on Tuesday (May 11).