Malaysia Covid-19 Latest News

Sabah CVLB halts some public transport services amid CMCO

Sabah

All public transportation services, except taxis, e-hailing and food delivery, here, will be temporarily halted beginning tomorrow. Sabah Commercial Vehicle Licensing Board (CVLB) chairman Datuk Chin Kim Hiung said the suspension order was in line with the implementation of Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) in the state capital, Penampang and Putatan. Taxi or e-hailing services were allowed to operate between 6am and 8pm, while food delivery services hours were from 6am to 6pm.

CMCO: Education Ministry to close 122 schools in Sabah tomorrow

Sabah

The Ministry of Education (MoE) has decided that a total of 122 schools in the Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Putatan areas in Sabah will be closed from tomorrow. It said in a statement today that the decision to close the 86 primary schools, 25 secondary schools and 11 private schools was taken following the government’s implementation of the conditional movement control order (CMCO) in the three areas effective 12.01am on October 7.

Tall order: Workers brave harsh climate to disinfect Mount Kinabalu trail after climber tests positive for Covid-19

Sabah

Seven workers clad in personal protective equipment sprayed down the trail of Mount Kinabalu with disinfectant thrice after a climber tested positive for Covid-19 recently. In a Facebook post on October 3, the Board of Trustees of Sabah Parks (LPATTS) shared photos of the disinfection works at various locations in Kinabalu Park, including the mountain summit which is 4,095 metres above sea level.

Ismail Sabri: Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Putatan to start CMCO tomorrow midnight

Sabah

A conditional movement control order (CMCO) has been put in place for Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Putatan districts in Sabah, which will start on October 7 at 12.01am. In a statement today, Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said that this was decided in a special cabinet meeting among ministers, where they discussed the current situation of Covid-19 throughout the state of Sabah with the Ministry of Health(MOH) and Sabah’s state government.

All mini bus drivers in Sandakan to undergo Covid-19 test tomorrow

Sabah

Mini bus drivers here have been ordered to undergo Covid-19 tests at the Sandakan Community Hall tomorrow. Sabah Commercial Vehicle Licensing Board (CVLB) chairman Datuk Chin Kim Hiung said the Sandakan CVLB Office issued the directive following a request from the Sandakan Health Office today.

Minister’s political aide in Sabah hospital for Covid-19, sources say

Sabah

The political secretary to a federal minister was hospitalised in Sabah earlier this week after testing positive for Covid-19. Sources from Sabah told Malay Mail that the aide is also a Wanita Umno leader from the state who campaigned in Lahad Datu during the recently ended state election. “She is in stable condition, all the close contacts were screened,” said one source who spoke on condition of anonymity without elaborating.

Sabah police chief: Only Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Putatan folk not bound by Covid-19 inter-district travel restriction

Sabah

Residents of Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Putatan can move freely between the three districts when the inter-district travel restriction is enforced from 12.01am on October 3 to 16, said Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Hazani Ghazali. “For now, only those living in Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Putatan may travel within this three areas without any restriction, while those from other districts are not permitted entry,” he said.

No travel restriction for people in districts within city centre zone in Sabah

Sabah

There will be no travel restriction for the people within the districts of Tuaran, Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Putatan which have been merged into a zone known as the City Centre Zone under the inter-district travel ban which will come into effect from 12.01 am tomorrow until Oct 16, Penampang Police chief DSP Mohd Haris Ibrahim clarified.

14-day inter-district MCO in Sabah from Oct 3

Sabah

A two-week long inter-district Movement Control Order (MCO) directive will be imposed throughout Sabah beginning midnight on Saturday. Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the decision was made during the special Cabinet Meeting today. He said the inter-district MCO in Sabah, which will run from midnight Oct 3 until Oct 16, would allow for essential services related to food, medical supplies, security and others to criss-cross districts.

Roadblock mounted at Sandakan entry point beginning today, says municipal council president

Sabah

A roadblock was set up at the entry point to Sandakan for vehicles from red zones areas in Sabah beginning today to prevent the spread of Covid-19 to the district, according to Sandakan Municipal Council (MPS) President Wong Foo Tin. “All vehicles from the red zone areas (Tawau, Lahad Datu, Semporna and Kunak) are prohibited from entering Sandakan district until the situation is under control.

Mercy Malaysia mobilises its volunteers to Sabah

Sabah

Mercy Malaysia is mobilising its volunteers from the Sabah chapter in response to the Covid-19 outbreak in the state. According to its statement, Mercy Malaysia will be assisting the local Health Clinics with the plan to conduct 1,200 Covid-19 testing in Lahad Datu and provide hygiene kits and food packs to the affected communities in the surrounding areas.

Bung: Containing Covid-19 is main focus of new Sabah government

Sabah

The new Sabah government’s immediate priority is to get the state’s Covid-19 situation under control, said Sabah Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Seri Bung Moktar Radin. Speaking at his official residence here in Luyang, Bung said there was a worrying rise in Covid-19 cases in the state and that additional targeted enforced movement control order (TEMCO) could be implemented in more parts of Sabah.