A total of four Terengganu state executive council members and another state assemblyman in the state are now undergoing quarantine at their homes while waiting for the results of their Covid-19 tests, a report has said.
All four state executive council members are also state assemblymen in PAS-ruled Terengganu.
In the report by Harian Metro last night, this was confirmed by one of those undergoing quarantine — Bukit Tunggal state assemblyman Alias Razak who is also the exco chairing the local government, housing, health and environment committee.
Alias said the five of them — including himself — were close contacts to a staff member at the Wisma Darul Iman who had tested positive for Covid-19.
Former Lord President Tun Mohamed Salleh Abas died at 3.20am today, a day after he was admitted to the intensive care unit of Hospital Sultanah Nur Zahirah in Kuala Terengganu for Covid-19.
He was 92, according to Harian Metro.
The Malay daily said his death was confirmed by as-Salihin Trustee Berhad president and CEO, Abdul Aziz Peru Mohamed who had also confirmed Salleh as testing positive for Covid-19.
Salleh had been chairman of its board.
Inter-state travel has contributed to the increase in Covid-19 cases in Terengganu according to the state Local Government, Housing, Health and Environment Committee chairman Dr Alias Razak.
He said that as at yesterday the state recorded a total of 216 positive cases, and of the total, 73.6 per cent of the contributors were individuals who came from red zone areas.
“The state Health Department has previously asked individuals coming from the red zones to undergo Covid-19 screening and it has received good feedback ... from that we have detected many of them are positive.
KUALA TERENGGANU, Dec 29 ― A total of 4,308 individuals from Covid-19 red zones who visited Terengganu have undergone a risk assessment at clinics and hospitals in the state since the lifting of the restriction on inter-state and inter-district travel on December 7.
Terengganu Health Department director Dr Nor Azimi Yunus said all the individuals came voluntarily.
People from Covid-19 red zones entering Terengganu are advised to contact the health authorities to undergo a risk assessment.
Terengganu Health director Dr Nor Azimi Yunus said this is a measure to prevent the spread of the disease following the lifting of the restriction on inter-state and inter-district travel on December 7.
The action of certain business owners in banning residents from Ketengah Jaya in Dungun from entering their outlets for fear of Covid-19 infection is a form of discrimination and should not have happened, said Terengganu State Health Department Director Dr Nor Azimi Yunus (pix).
Ketengah Jaya, which is located in Rasau, has a population of 31,000 and so far, has recorded 22 positive cases of Covid-19.
Twenty-three congregants of the Ulul Albab Mosque in Seberang Jertih here have tested negative for Covid-19.
Following the results, all of them, who were placed under quarantine since Tuesday night at the Malaysian Fire and Rescue Department Academy in Wakaf Tapai, Marang, were allowed to return to their families yesterday evening.
A total of 28 students and nine teachers at Sekolah Menengah Agama Sultan Ismail (SMASID) in Dungun underwent Covid-19 screening today after a Form One student of the school tested positive recently.
The school's Parent-Teacher Association (PIBG) deputy chairman Rusdi Muda said the test, conducted by Health Ministry personnel, began at 8.30am and ended three hours later.
Klinik Kesihatan Pasir Akar di sini melakukan proses nyahkuman selepas dikunjungi dua pesakit yang positif pandemik koronavirus (Covid-19) semalam.
Exco Kerajaan Tempatan, Perumahan, Kesihatan dan Alam Sekitar negeri, Dr Alias Razak berkata, proses sanitasi di seluruh kawasan itu dilakukan segera sebagai langkah pencegahan.
The Terengganu Health Department will investigate the alleged leakage of information involving details of two Covid-19 patients which had gone viral on social media since yesterday.
State Health Director Dr Nor Azimi Yunus stressed that all staff in the department should take seriously on the need to preserve patient’s confidentiality.
Two children and a pre-school teacher of Taska Permata under the Terengganu Family Development Foundation (YPKT) are voluntarily undergoing home quarantine after returning from Aidiladha celebration in Kubang Pasu, Kedah.
State Welfare, Women and Family Development, and National Unity Committee chairman Hanafiah Mat said the children and the teacher were not related to the Sivagangga Cluster, and the quarantine was just a precautionary measure taken after they have undergone health screenings at nearby clinics.
Terengganu is now free of Covid-19 and has been categorised as green zone, said state Health Director Dr Nor Azimi Yunus.
He said this follows current developments of Covid-19 in the state, with the last positive patient discharged from hospital on Wednesday.
He added that the 35-year-old patient from Kemaman was admitted into the Tengku Ampuan Afzan Hospital (HTAA) in Kuantan, Pahang on May 20 after being found positive for Covid-19.