The Kuala Kedah-Langkawi ferry resumed operations today after its service ceased temporarily following the implementation of a targeted enhanced movement control order (TEMCO) in the Kota Setar district due to Covid-19.
Ferry Line Ventures operating officer Ahmad Azizan Aziz said ferry operations to Langkawi was operating as usual with reduced capacity involving only four services at 8am, 10.30am, 2pm and 4.30pm.
The National Security Council has decided to implement a targeted enhanced movement control order (TEMCO) in an area located at Alor Setar, Kedah, due to the high-number of Covid-19 cases still occurring there.
Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said this follows the conclusion of the administrative EMCO in the Kota Setar district which began on September 11 and ends today.
A total of 19,167 residents under the administrative enhanced movement control order (EMCO) in Kota Setar district have undergone the Covid-19 screening test from Sept 11 until yesterday.
Kedah Health director, Dr Mohd Fikri Ujang said previously, the department had estimated that about 15,000 to 20,000 residents would be screened but the number could increase if more positive cases of the outbreak were recorded.