The Sultan of Kelantan, Sultan Muhammad V has consented for Friday prayers to be performed at all mosques in the state beginning this Friday (June 5) with a congregation of 40 people.
Kelantan Islamic Religious and Malay Customs Council (MAIK) president Tengku Temenggong Kelantan Tan Sri Mohamad Rizam Tengku Abdul Aziz said the individuals would include imam, young imam, bilal, siak, members of the mosque committee and selected locals, after obtaining permission from state mufti and the Ministry of Health (MOH).
Restaurants and other food premises in Kelantan are allowed to operate until 10pm beginning tomorrow, said Mentri Besar Datuk Ahmad Yakob.
He said, however, only takeaway sales would be allowed.
He added that since the start of Ramadan, these food outlets had been operating from 3pm to 6.30pm daily.
“On the third day of Aidilfitri, restaurants will be allowed to operate from 7am to 10pm according to the standard operating procedure (SOP),” he told reporters after chairing the State Security Working Committee special meeting here today.