At least 7,000 samples are to be taken during two weeks of Covid-19 targeted screening on Labuan residents, following a spike in cases on the island.
Priority in the screening, which commenced last week, is given to close contacts of confirmed or probable Covid-19 patients and those residing in the cluster and high-risk areas.
Labuan Health Department director, Dr Ismuni Bohari said: “The surge in Covid-19 cases in the next several days is rather expected, in view of the targeted screening on the population here.
The Bataras Hypermarket and two supermarkets, namely the Emporium and Utama Jaya, have been ordered to close temporarily after a customer who tested positive for Covid-19 patronised the premises recently.
Labuan Health Department director Dr Ismuni Bohari said the three-day closure notice issued this morning by the department was to facilitate sanitation works.
The Labuan Health Department is identifying densely populated communities on the island for unrecorded Covid-19 positive cases following the emergence of the Saguking cluster.
The Saguking cluster emerged on Thursday (Oct 15) with five new cases bringing the total number of active clusters on the duty-free-island, here, to three as of Friday.