Four Covid-19 cases were discovered following screening exercises carried out at air and sea entry points to Langkawi.
Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the four were among 3,454 individuals who were screened before leaving for Langkawi.
One case each was detected at the Penang and Sultan Abdul Aziz Airport in Subang.
“Two positive cases were discovered at the Kuala Perlis jetty,” he said in his tweet on Friday (Sept 17).
Not a single compound notice was issued here on Thursday (Sept 16), the first day this island resort reopened under the travel bubble scheme, says the police.
Langkawi OCPD Asst Comm Shariman Ashari said although no compound notices were issued, police would continue monitoring standard operating procedure (SOP) compliance among locals and tourists alike.
“So far, SOP compliance among the public at tourist attractions has been good,” he said during a SOP compliance operation at the popular Pantai Cenang area.
All government and private sector agencies, statutory bodies and associations in Langkawi given the role and responsibility of ensuring the success of the pioneer tourism bubble project on the resort island have to report their activities to the Langkawi Task Force.
Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah (pic) said Langkawi district officer Saiful Anwar Azmi had agreed to head the Langkawi Task Force in implementing the project.
"Several performance indicators for health have been proposed and will be fine-tuned at the committee level," he said on social media on Sunday (Sept 12).